Sorry I've been a bit absent from the blog for a couple days -- I've been thoroughly enjoying my time off from school & the end of the internship. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments on my "Day of Freedom" post -- you guys are great :)
Anyway, here is my Thursday 13 -- a day late, but it's all groovy. This week's topic is top 13 favorite places you have been/want to visit.
Places I HAVE been:
1. Mexico -- I went twice one summer and it was AMAZING. First time was for a missions trip to Monterrey and the second was just a fun trip with a girlfriend back to Monterrey. So beautiful.
2. New York (the state) -- I relocated for about two months in the fall of 2010 to New York for a political election that I got flown in to work on and it was a blast! It was the first time in New York and I loved pretty much everything about it: the weather, the people, the scenery (I was in the Binghamton area in the fall so I got so see the gorgeous fall colors!).
3. New York City -- I've been to NYC twice, once in 2010 for just a day and then in December last year with some friends for a whole week. I just love the city. I love the subway (I know, crazy!), the city life, the culture and diversity of all the people, and just everything else :)
4. Florida -- who doesn't love them some Florida beaches?! I do! My sis took me to Florida (it was a first for both of us) for my highschool graduation present and we went to the beach, Disney World (yes, I was 17 before I ever went to DW!), and just had a grand old time.
5. New Orleans -- Is it corny to pick a city in your home state? Oh well, I love NOLA. And I really love the NOLA food -- nuff said.
Places I WANT to go:
6. Spain -- I have had this desire to go to Spain since I was like seven. I have no idea why, I just really want to go.
7. Chicago -- My mom's side of the family lives 2 1/2 hours from Chi-town and we would visit them every year growing up, but we never made it to Chicago. I really want to one day soon.
8. Fiji -- hellooooooo beach.
9. Seattle -- a coffee-holic wants to go to Seattle...big surprise.
10. Nashville -- Yup.
11. India -- I've always wanted to go there.
12. England -- but I don't like tea so I'm not sure how that would go over.
13. Turkey -- my sis has been & she just keeps telling me how I need to go and how beautiful it is.
There ya go! That's my Thursday 13 -- and there were a TON of other places I want to visit, but I spared you all my montrosity of a list. ;)